Due to an extremely high volume of participation in our Energy Solutions for Business – Prescriptive program, funding has been committed. Effective immediately, Potomac Edison has stopped pre-approving prescriptive applications.
- Applications that have already been pre-approved will be paid upon completion and verification via regular application processing.
- Applications already received but not pre-approved will be placed on a waitlist in “Application Received – On Hold” status. If additional funding is approved, those applications will be processed in the order in which they were received. Payment will be denied for any Prescriptive project work begun under an application that has not received pre-approval.
- No additional applications will be pre-approved until additional funding is available.
Note: These changes do not affect the Small Business Solutions – Direct Install Program or the Energy Solutions for Business – Custom Program. These two programs will continue to operate as normal.
Please contact the program representatives at Sodexo at 855-827-2222 or at energysaveMD@sodexo.com with any questions.
The Municipal Lighting Incentives Program is offered to Maryland commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of Potomac Edison to encourage participants to install high-efficiency traffic signals through per-unit incentives.
Flat-rate incentives are offered for converting to the following lighting technologies:
- LED round signals
- 8″ and 12″ red, yellow and green turn signals
- LED pedestrian signals
All Municipal Lighting Incentives Program applications received by the Program Administrator will require pre-approval before the purchase and installation of materials.
To qualify for incentives through the Municipal Lighting Incentives Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2015, and after the receipt of a formal pre-approval letter from the Program Administrator.
Incentives available from the Municipal Lighting Incentives Program are shown below, and are limited to the total equipment cost (excluding taxes). Only installation of new equipment is eligible for incentives under Municipal Lighting Incentives Program.
|LED TRAFFIC SIGNALS|
|Equipment Description||Incentive per Unit||Equipment & Eligibility Requirements|
|LED 8” Round Red||$35 per unit||– Must be replacing existing incandescent signals and must be a 1-for-1 replacement of incandescent for LED.- New construction projects are not eligible for incentives.|
|LED 8” Round Yellow||$35 per unit|
|LED 8” Round Green||$35 per unit|
|LED 12” Round Red||$35 per unit|
|LED 12” Round Yellow||$35 per unit|
|LED 12” Round Green||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (8” Red)||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (8” Yellow)||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (8” Green)||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (12” Red)||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (12” Yellow)||$35 per unit|
|LED Turn Arrows (12” Green)||$35 per unit|
|LED Pedestrian Signals (12” Hand/Man)||$35 per unit|
How Do I Apply For Incentives?
Step 1 – The participant should complete and submit a Municipal Lighting Program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings.
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate related information
Step 2 – The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy efficient equipment.
Step 3 – Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed (if applicable).
- Completed letter of attestation
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application.
Apply online or contact us at 855-827-2222 to request a printable version.