Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
The HVAC Incentives for Business Program is offered to Maryland commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of Potomac Edison to encourage participants to install high‐efficiency heating and air conditioning equipment.
Retrofit project incentives are capped at the calculated project incentive or up to 50 percent of the total project costs (including labor), whichever is less.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
To qualify for an incentive, HVAC equipment must:
- Be used for ambient cooling only
- Meet or exceed the minimum efficiency rating required for the equipment type and cooling capacity
- Be installed in a facility owned by a commercial or industrial retail customer of Potomac Edison
- Meet additional technical requirements outlined in the application
Flat-rate per-unit or per-ton capacity incentives are available for:
- Air conditioners
- Other HVAC equipment
- Heat pumps
- VFDs Pre‐Approval
All HVAC Incentives for Business Program applications received by the Program Administrator will require pre-approval before the purchase and installation of equipment.
To qualify for incentives through the HVAC Incentives for Business Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2018, and after receipt of a formal pre-approval letter from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
The participant should complete and submit a Program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings, model, and wattage.
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Must be dated within 2 years of application submission date
- Must have an original signature; electronic signatures are not accepted in this program
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate-related information.
- Must show a breakout of equipment and labor costs
- Must be signed by customer
- Must have description of equipment, proposed quantity, and unit price
- HVAC calculator
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy-efficient equipment.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed (if applicable)
- Completed letter of attestation.
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application.
Apply online or contact us at 855-801-5803 for assistance.