Food Service and Commercial Kitchens
The Food Service and Commercial Kitchens Incentives for Business Program is offered to Maryland commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of Potomac Edison to encourage participants to install high-efficiency equipment.
Typical participants in the Food Service and Commercial Kitchens Incentives for Business Program include grocery, convenience stores and restaurants, as well as schools, hospitals and lodging facilities that include food service equipment.
Retrofit project incentives are capped at the calculated project incentive or up to 50 percent of the total project costs (including labor), whichever is less.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
- ENERGY STAR® certified solid and glass door reach-in refrigerators and freezers, ice machines, electric steam cookers, hot food-holding cabinets, combination and convection ovens, beverage vending machines and fat fryers
- Anti-sweat heat controls
- Night covers
- Strip curtains
- Vending machine controls
- Pre-rinse sprayers
- Strip curtains
- Refrigerated case covers
- Reach-in freezer/refrigerator LED lighting
- Occupancy controls for reach-in freezer/refrigerator lighting
All Food Service and Commercial Kitchens Incentives for Business Program applications received by the Program Administrator require pre-approval before the installation of equipment.
To qualify for incentives through this program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2018, and after receipt of a formal pre-approval letter from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
The participant should complete and submit a program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings.
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate related information.
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy-efficient equipment.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed
- Completed letter of attestation
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application.
Apply online or contact us at 855-801-8503 for assistance.