Upgrading to energy-efficient consumer electronics is a simple and effective way to reduce energy usage and save money. In particular, new computers and monitors that shut off when not in use represent a great opportunity for savings.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
Incentives may be available for the following equipment:
- ENERGY STAR® certified monitors, computers and imaging
- Small network software (network power management enabler)
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
All Consumer Electronics Incentives for Business Program applications received by the Program Administrator require pre-approval before the installation of equipment.
To qualify for incentives through the Consumer Electronics Incentives for Business Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2018, and after receipt of a formal pre-approval letter from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
The participant should complete and submit a Consumer Electronics program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings.
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost- and rate-related information.
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy-efficient equipment.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed
- Completed letter of attestation.
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application.
Apply online or contact us at 855-801-5803 for assistance.