Prescriptive agricultural incentives are available to Maryland commercial and industrial retail service customers of Potomac Edison. The Program offers incentives and information to encourage participants to install high-efficiency equipment.
Program incentives cover up to 50 percent of the total cost for projects.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
Flat-rate incentives are available for the following equipment categories:
- Variable frequency drives on dairy vacuum pumps
- Automatic milker takeoffs
- Dairy scroll compressors
- High efficiency ventilation fans and controls
- High-volume, low-speed fans
- Low energy livestock waterers
All applications received by the Program will require pre-approval before the purchase and installation of equipment.
To qualify for incentives through this Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2018, and after the receipt of a pre-approval email from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
The participant should complete and submit a Program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings, model, and wattage
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Must be dated within 2 years of application submission date
- Must have an original signature; electronic signatures are not accepted in this program
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate-related information
- A cost sheet estimate
- Must show a breakout of equipment and labor costs
- Must be signed by customer
- Must have description of equipment, proposed quantity, and unit price
- Agriculture calculator
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy-efficient equipment.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed.
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed (if applicable).
- Completed letter of attestation. Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application.
Apply online or contact us at 855-801-5803 for assistance.